Book review 5 - Consequences by Aleatha Romig

Pages: 368
Publisher: Xlibris Corporation
Publication date: August, 1, 2011
Summary: 
Every action has consequences.
Waking in an unfamiliar bedroom in a luxurious mansion, Claire Nichols is terrified to discover that a chance encounter led her into the cruel hands of her abductor, Anthony Rawlings. Claire has no understanding of why she's there, but it's been made abundantly clear--she is now his acquisition and every action has consequences.
Learn the rules to survive.
Facing incomprehensible circumstances, Claire must learn to survive her new reality--every aspect of her livelihood depends upon the tall, dark-eyed tycoon who is a true master of deception. Driven by unknown demons, he has no tolerance for imperfection, in any aspect of his life, including his recent acquisition. Anthony may appear to the world as a handsome, benevolent businessman, but in reality Claire knows firsthand that he's a menacing, controlling captor with very strict rules: do as you're told, public failure is not an option, and appearances are of the utmost importance.
Captivate the captor.
To fit together the pieces of the puzzle, Claire must follow his rules. Will her plan work, or will Anthony become enthralled by Claire's beauty, resilience, and determination, changing the game forever? If that happens, will either of them survive the consequences?




My thoughts:
I can’t even begin to express how much I HATED this book. 
I’m so speechless I don’t know where to start. Anthony Rawlings is satan. He is the living embodiment (fictional embodiment??) of the devil himself. He makes Christian Grey look like a saint. He is abusive, manipulative, disgusting, there are not enough words in my vocabulary for this right now.
And Claire, Claire is an absolute idiot. She gets kidnapped and thrown into this HORRIBLE life where she is held prisoner and raped daily and how does she handle it? By doing everything he tells her to, including marrying him, and then dealing with all his baggage, and ENJOYING IT, even though he nearly killed her. The first time she was in public with him I don’t know why she didn’t tell anyone she could about what was happening to her. She had ample opportunity to run away, I am just shocked at her stupidity. I am actually astounded at her, and honestly the fact that she’s portrayed this way makes all women look like imbeciles and I find this incredibly offensive.
I’m honestly sitting here going “why the hell did I read this” and I cannot fathom why I wasted a whole day on this book. I have two friends on here that read this and were screaming about how angry this book made them and how the end made up for it so I continued to push through to the end. And what a dumb decision that was!!
He attempts suicide but makes it look like attempted murder, gets her SENT TO PRISON, and is suing her for slander. I don’t understand how that is ANYTHING close to helping make up for this horrid book. I didn’t find this even remotely okay, Rawlings was essentially a serial killer, without actually killing anyone. And it is clear with he end he intends to do this again. I really don’t know what to say, what to think, how to react, I just know that there are so many things in life I wish I would have spent the day doing rather than reading this book. 
AND THE WORST PART? I have to read book 2 to see what happens because I want to see if she gets any payback on him. The prospect of reading more of this is almost worse than the actual book was.
Other things to mention are that the writing itself is really dull and repetitive. She spends an astronomical amount of time just talking about day to day stuff, constantly repeating herself. It’s boring and I had to skim a large portion of the book because it got old really fast. Just anger inducing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up