Book review 35 - Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout

Pages: 352
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: August 5th 2014
Summary:
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.
 




My Thoughts:
Such a well done conclusion to one of my favourite series of all time!
It was action packed and so fast paced that the ending came all too quickly. I could honestly have spent another 5 books with these characters in this world.
Daemon and Katy have a relationship to admire. It's a really cute selfless beautiful love that I have always admired because you just know that it's not something they'll ever lose. I will admit, at times in this book their sexual relationship was very irritating because I found it unnecessary. I mean a sex scene here and there would have been okay. But there was such a heavy focus on them having sex and making out and in the worst times. It got to be a little bit tedious to read and I do admit I skipped the last 2 sex scenes entirely just because I didn't find them necessary.

The one other little thing that bothered me has to do with the copious amount of sex is I would have preferred not to have Daemon's POV. I saw the necessity of it in book 4, but I do not see why in this one. This story has always been Katy's story and I wanted to read it all from her point of view. I actually love Daemon LESS in his points of view because they are so heavily filled with sexual content. Getting erections when he sees Katy fighting, thinking about having sex with her in the back of the car, in the middle of the woods... it just got to be excessive. Like when they were having a serious discussion as a big group and Daemon is like sticking his hands in the back of her pants, I just didn't understand the purpose. I adored the book but really unnecessary addition to the plot and it took away from the story at times.
One other problem I had, that I forgot really until I discussed the ending more, was how anti-climatic it was. So Katy kills the leader of the Luxen in a sort of "wait, what just happened?" moment. Then the Arum come and kill all the Luxen while Katy and Daemon and all the other people just walk away. Like Katy and Daemon have been fighting this since the first page and yet they aren't even in the final battle? It was a little disappointing to me.

I will say though, the epilogue is the best part of this story to me. To see how the world went back to normal. To see that their lives were okay. I love seeing domestic Katy and Daemon so it's nice to know they live together, go to college together, and that she has a library and book blogs again. They both deserve the happiness. As well as seeing Archer and Dee happy, and Beth and Dawson with their adorable baby. I love that they named her Ashley after Ash, and just thought that the epilogue was such a beautiful conclusion to this amazing series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up