Book review 23 - Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover


Pages: 337
Publisher: Atria Books
Publication date: August 5, 2014
Summary: 
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.
 
My thoughts:
Colleen Hoover has done it again! After Hopeless, I was worried that Slammed was just a fluke and that maybe her books weren't going to be as good as everyone says, but Ugly Love fixed that real fast! I loved the book, and honestly when I think about everything I'm about to say in my review, I don't know why.

Tate is a great narrator. I loved her. Such a great character and I just ADORED the writing in this book. But lord help me if she doesn't make the dumbest decisions. She gets into this "friends with benefits" (except they arent friends) thing knowing she would fall for him and she did it anyways. There are so many instances in this book where she should have left to protect herself but she didn't. Love her but god Tate PLEASE love yourself. 
MILES THOUGH. I disliked him. I didn't hate him in the way I normally do (like violently) but there was no sympathy for him. I am normally the kind of person who cries when male characters cry and broken people are the most important people in books but this book had both and nothing happened. He treated Tate like crap. I mean I KNOW that their arrangement was what it was, but he just like gave her hope and I know why but damn boy 6 years over a useless girl? For real?? Whatever okay I'm over it. 

I just love the writing. Colleen Hoover was born to write and tbh if she wasn't an author it would be a shame because the literary world is better with her in it. She makes characters that make you feel. Whether it's angry or sad or happy or upset or disappointed, you always feel something when you read one of her books. The stories she builds are never extravagant, the one in Ugly Love was cute and basic, but the way she executes the stories make them amazing. 

Whether you choose to read Ugly Love or not, read one of her books. I didn't realize what my life was missing before I read her books and I'm on track to have them all read in the next month. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up