Book review 11 - These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meghan Spooner

Pages: 374
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Publication date: December 10, 2013
Summary: 
Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth. 
My thoughts:
Well holy crap. 100/5 stars for this book. I am in awe at how good it was. 
I don't read blurbs anymore. I am most definitely a "judge a book by its cover and title" type of person and since this book has a gorgeous cover and title I knew I had to read it. 
The plot follows Tarver and Lilac who are stranded somewhere after their space ship thing crashes. I will admit, survival stories where characters are stranded have never interested me but this book was so amazing I think my entire outlook on that is changed. The pacing isn't too slow and it's not too fast. It didn't feel like anything dragged, which is amazing considering there was room for it, and nothing was rushed. 
This book has literally 2 main characters and only 1 secondary character. There are a few MINOR characters but they are minor. That being said, you spend the book with 2 characters the entire time. They are both so loveable. Lilac's character development is STUNNING!!! It's so perfect and it's paced so well, and the best thing is that it is  acknowledged. Tarver was my favourite though. I cared for his well being so much. There are several times in this book when my heart ached for him because I want him to be happy. I want both of them to be happy. 
On the topic of happiness, a book where the romance wasn't forced!! It was such a well written romance. It was paced well, it didn't take over any of the plot, it was cute and fluffy and really fit in well to the book. 
This book was incredibly beautiful. I am still in awe at how beautiful this book was. The writing was elegant and flowed well, nothing too extreme or overdone, simple but effective. The narrative was realistic and felt like everything could have been real.

I truly recommend this to everyone and anyone that enjoys any genre. It's got sci-fi. fantasy, possibly dystopian, and was even a pretty decent romantic book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up